QUIZ BEE - Team of each of the teams will have 5 representatives.
- Questions will be coming from the Gen Ed classes and major subjects, as well as trivia and current events.
During the quiz bee proper:
1. All contestants will answer the same set of questions in writing. Before a question is read, the contestants must raise their markers.
2. Questions will be read twice by the Quizmaster
3. After the second (2nd) reading, the Quizmaster shall say "go" --- only then will the contestants be allowed to write their answer. Automatically, the fifteen (15) second time - limit will begin with the word "go" by the Quizmaster.
4. After the time limit and the buzzer sounds, the contestants must stop writing and raise their answer boards.
5. The Quizmaster shall read and verify the contestants' answer.
6. There are four (4) rounds in each competition namely: Easy, Average, Difficult and Clincher. The Clincher round takes place only if there is a tie.
7. In the Easy Round, ten (10) questions will be asked; in the Average Round, ten (10) questions; in the Difficult Round, five (10) questions, and in the Clincher Round, as many questions as needed.
Points are assigned for each question answered correctly: . Easy question 2 points
8. The first 3 teams with the highest score in the Easy Round will move on to the Average Round.
9. The first 2 teams with the highest score in the Average Round will move on to the Difficult Round.
10. Should there be a tie among the teams getting the highest score or the second (2nd) highest score, the contest continues to the Clincher Round to determine the Champion or the Runner - up as the case may be.
11. The total number of points of the tied contestants will revert back to zero (0).
12. In the Clincher Round, as many questions will be asked. Each question is assigned five (20) points. The contestant who first (1st) gets 60 points is declared the Winner.
13. All protests should be referred to the Board of Judges immediately, before the Quizmaster reads the next question.
14. The Board of Judges shall be in complete control of the contest. Their decision shall be final in all questions/ protests.